Dr. Vera Malezhik received a doctorate degree in Podiatric Medicine from the New York College of Podiatric Medicine.
Dr. Malezhik completed a 4-year Foot and Ankle Surgical residency at Mount Sinai Beth Israel Medical Center where she was the Chief Resident.
She treats patients with a wide spectrum of common and specialized podiatric needs, including:
-bunion and hammertoe deformities
-sports related foot injuries
-diabetic foot care
Dr. Malezhik also specializes in both reconstructive and aesthetic podiatric surgery.
As a former collegiate tennis player, Dr. Malezhik is passionate about helping patients focus on healthy lifestyles and providing individualized care.
Dr. Malezhik published the following papers in The Journal of Foot and Ankle Surgery:
1) Tissue Expansion Technique for Desyndactylization of Toes Using an External Fixator (2016)
2) Case Study: Rare Case of Mantle Cell Lymphoma with Extranodal Involvement in the Foot (2017)
3) Posterio-Lateral Spiral Shaped 1/3 Tubular Plate Stabilization for Long Spiral Lateral Malleolus Fracture (2017).
She is affiliated with Mount Sinai Beth Israel Medical Center. She is an active member of: - The American Podiatric Medical Association
- The American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons
- The New York State Podiatric Medical Association.